- All of the functions on this unit are tested except the high hat pedal input, the external kit select input, and the memory expansion in and out port. I do not have the resources to test these ports and cannot guarantee they work. All of the other functions are tested and in good working condition. All of the ins and outs, cards, and all slots are tested. There are a few scratches on the top and the bottom of the unit. The red cover over the LED number read-out is a little warped (see pictures) You can still read the kit numbers easily. There is a minor scratch on the face on the top of channel 4. The rack ears look a little rusty (I think it is because they are made out of iron) but the unit does not have any water damage. The insides look great. The clear drum channel read out cover on the faceplate is taped on the backside. I am not sure if this is how it originally comes or if it is glued on. The stickers on the ROM cards looks like they were starting to slightly come off. It does not come with any drum pads or triggers. This sale is for the drum brain only. It does come with a power cord.
- This unit includes 5 ROM drum sound cards
- 1 x Big Boomy Bass Drum
- 1 x Room Size Snare
- 3 x Townhouse Tom
The SDS 7 digital analog drum machine rack is capable of housing a total of twelve drum modules. Each module is a self contained synthesizer, with a digital sound source, voltage controlled oscillator, white noise source, voltage controlled filter, envelope generators and voltage controlled amplifiers. The modules are identical in each case, with the exception Of the digital sound source.
DIGITAL SOUND SOURCE
This is a digital recording of the relevant acoustic instrument (bass drum, snare, cymbal etc.) stored in a programmable read only memory (prom) This recording is played back when the relevant drum pad is struck.
VOLTAGE CONTROLLED OSCILLATOR
The VCO generates a tone of given pitch determined by the its user. Its tonal characteristics can be changed by the filter.
WHITE NOISE SOURCE
Many percussive sounds contain a large proportion or noise or hiss and the white noise source generates this element. The desired sound can be constructed from any of these three independent sound sources or a controlled blend of two or more.
- 12 different drum channels
- Each drum channel produces an analog and digital sound.
- Each channel’s analog and digital sound parameters can be adjusted separately
- Each drum channel also can have noise and a click sounds mixed into the analog and digital sound
- 99 programmable drum kits
- Drum kits are programmable memory slots for all the 12 drum channels